Shared Water, Shared Responsibility: Engaging Minnesota’s Communities, Students, & Policy-Makers
Thursday, March 23, 2017, 5:15-8:00pm
Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs
University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota Water Resources Students In Action (WRSIA) will host a community discussion with key Minnesota policy makers at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 23 at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs. Co-sponsored by the University's Humphrey School of Public Affairs' Center for Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy and the University's Water Resources Center, the event will address challenges facing clean water and explore how Minnesotans from all walks of life can play a role in promoting sustainable practices.
Inspired by Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton’s Year of Water Action, the event will include a reception and poster session on water research, followed by a panel discussion and Q&A with policy experts.
5:15-6:15pm: Reception and Poster Session - HHH Atrium
Students, staff, and faculty, state employees, and community members are invited to join us for hors d'oeuvres, beverages, and casual conversation. Some students will present posters on topics pertaining to water resources and welcome discussion about their research.
6:30-8:00pm: Panel Discussion - HHH Auditorium
Representatives from the Governor’s office and state agencies have been invited to discuss topics related to April’s Year of Water Action theme of water sustainability. This portion of the event will be live-streamed (click here to view).
- Anna Henderson, Water Advisor for Governor Dayton
- Paul Allwood, Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Health
- Rebecca Flood, Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- John Jaschke, Executive Director, Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources
- Whitney Place, Director of Government Affairs, Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Luke Skinner, Director, Division of Ecological and Water Resources, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources